Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kimberly S Carroll
Dr. Kimberly S Carroll, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Atlanta, GA. She has 36 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Carroll is affiliated with Atlanta Medical Center South Campus. Dr. Carroll has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Kimberly S Carroll has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Pap Smear
- Women's Health
- Pelvic Exam
- Birth Control
- Weight Loss
- Hot Flashes
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 31
I have been a patient of Dr. Carroll for 24 years now. She helped me through two pregnancies and a miscarriage. At all times she was nothing but loving and supportive. I am now in my forties and experience bouts with severe anemia. With Dr Carroll support I recently underwent a Uterine Fibroid procedure to stabalize blood count. I actually went for a doctors appointment with Dr Carroll aterwards because I felt ill and she placed me in the hospital due to post-operational issues. I am so pleased that Dr. Carroll gave me the appropriate amount of care and knew the red flags for my condition because I later learned that it was so serious that my life may have been at stake. I would highly recommend Dr. Caroll to anyone that wants a trustworthy and caring doctor. From a patient with 20 years experience with Dr. Carroll.ð
Dr. Carroll was the first doctor I saw during my first pregnancy in 2007. She was referred to me by a family friend. At the time, I was 20 years of age and on medicaid. The visits at Dr. Carroll's office were average. The staff was average. I had no need to complain about those factors. However, Dr. Carroll was extremely short with me and my husband when it came time to discuss a birthing plan. I recall all of this from a journal that I kept during my pregnancy in 2007. Needless to say, this played out during my delivery. My entire pregnancy was healthy. It was not until labor that Dr. Carroll turned very short and cold with me. Telling me: "if you do not push the baby out, I'm going to cut it out!" Which is exactly what she did. As a first time mother, I was in labor for about 14 hours before the c-section. I was given every medical intervention (except medication because I refused) that you could think of. As my research over the years has shown, most of those interventions cause the fetus to undergo undue stress, hence stalling the already laborious process. THIS DOCTOR MEDICALLY INDUCED MY C-SECTION. She kept me on my back during pushing stages, gave me an episiotomy before time, and only allowed me to push for less than an hour. She told me she would cut the baby out and she did just that. On top of that, I asked to breastfeed my son, but instead she gave him formula as his first meal. I am sorry, but I would not recommend Dr. Kimberly Carroll as a an OB/GYN.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2015, 2009, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Carroll is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Howard University Hospital
Dr. Kimberly S Carroll accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKimberly S Carroll Md, 550 Peachtree St NE Ste 1470, Atlanta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kimberly S Carroll in this video.
Dr. Kimberly S Carroll is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.