Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kimberly P Hood
Dr. Kimberly P Hood, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Niceville, FL, with another office in Crestview, FL. She has 19 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Hood is affiliated with Sacred Heart Hospital On The Emerald Coast. She speaks English.
Dr. Kimberly P Hood has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Kimberly P Hood has the following 11 expertise
- Pelvic Exam
- Women's Health
- Child Birth
- Menstrual Pain
- Birth Control
- Hot Flashes
- Pap Smear
Dr. Kimberly P Hood has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Kimberly P Hood is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 46
Dr. Hoods office staff seemed competent. We had a rough weekend with some bleeding and received great news (heartbeat) with the ultrasound. But upon meeting Dr. Hood, decided she was not for us. She was very sarcastic and used intimidation in an attempt to tell me that a certain precaution (IV portal) I did not want to use was necessary. I do t mind having a discussion about my preferences but she was so arrogant and belittling that my face was red and I wanted to cry. I would never have someone like that deliver my baby. Kindness seems to be an ever fading trait among female doctors but I consider it a blessing that I got to see this side of her early on.
This is my second pregnancy with Dr Hood as my doctor, and we love her! Her office staff is caring and competent, and her nurse treats me as if I were her own child she were concerned for. I always have the opportunity to ask questions, and I always feel heard and acknowledged when I leave. In response to some of the negative comments below, I would say that Dr Hood does not put up with nonsense because she cares for the well-being of her patients and their babies, but I have never heard a vulgar word from her mouth and she has always been respectful to me. False expectations need to be managed - labor and pregnancy is highly unpredictable and sometimes there will be longer wait times than others, but I have noticed a huge improvement in the wait times this pregnancy than last due to some changes in the hospital call schedule and the addition of a partner in her practice. We are very satisfied!
She did not disclose proper side effects of medicines, and then when I asked about my chronic hair loss (I ended up having to buzz all my waist long hair off), she said "it'll grow back". I had mentioned that aleopecia runs in my family and I need a pill that does not aggravate that, so she gives me microgestin fe 1/20, which is the very high androgen WORST pill I could have gotten. My hair still hasn't grown back...
Very informative; she's very funny and made getting a pap smear easier!!!
Dr. Hood is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
19 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Kimberly P Hood accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kimberly P Hood in this video.
Dr. Kimberly P Hood is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Niceville, FL.