Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kimberly L Houde has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Kimberly L Houde has the following 8 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Women's Health
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 13
Dr. Houde is good for a Resident, once I finally see her. Trying to talk to a staff member is difficult because the phone system goes directly to a call center staffed by non-medical people. I tried to schedule an appointment on-line and there was nothing for 6 weeks. Finally I had to complain to get an appointment within 2 days. The Customer Service from Virginia Hospital Center is . . . bad. And the people who followed up on my complaint had no people skills whatsoever. It took 15 minutes on the phone, and after repeated requests on my part, before that person finally said they would help me schedule an appointment. They spent more time trying to talk me out of complaining again rather than take care of the complaint. Had they just taken care of the complaint I would not have had to complain. They all seem to be poorly trained.
Dr. Houde takes the time to review previous health issues as well as immediate concerns, and pulls all this together to recommend next steps. She is thorough, patient, and spends the time to explain everything to me. She also didn't hesitate to recommend specialists when required, all of whom have been excellent.
Dr. Houde is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
12 Years Experience
Georgetown University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Kimberly L Houde accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAdriana N Backus Dc, 6862 Elm St Ste 600, Mc Lean, VA
Dr. Kimberly L Houde is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mc Lean, VA.