Dr. Kimberly Kolonich Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kimberly Kolonich?

Excellant physician

Posted on April 19th, 2016

I have been to many physicians over the years including the Mayo Clinic and other highly reputable medical facilities/services. Dr. Kolonich is every bit as capable and thorough as any of those more famous facilities. She is professional, knowledgeable, compassionate and well respected by her peers. I trust her ability to give the highest quality of care available.

Humiliating experiences...

Posted on July 21st, 2009

To be fair, I was in a local program for help with addiction to pain medication. This was about 2.5 years ago, and I had monthly visits with Dr. Kolonich. Although she was thorough, I was constantly apprehensive about my visits with her because her moods were quite erratic. One visit she came into the exam room and slammed my folder onto the table and glared at me, then began actually shouting angrily at me that I needed to have the respect to show up on time for my appointments. I was confused, as I had been 5 minutes early. She told me to "stop lying", that her office staff had told her I was late. Luckily I was paying for my visits with my debit card, so I had received a date and time stamped receipt. It showed that I was early. I showed this to her, and instead of apologizing, she shook her head and continued (in a raised voice) to humiliate me. She brought up the fact that I was taking too long to urinate when I gave my urine specimen at each appointment - something I had never had an issue with until I began dealing with a bladder infection. I was amazed; she actually said to me "No one else is taking so long to urinate." I was flabbergasted that as a doctor she would say such a thing, considering my infection and that each person is different. She was yelling at me so loud that day that one of her office staff apologized to me as I was leaving, saying everyone in the waiting area had heard her and had become uncomfortable. Overall she was demeaning, impatient, and lacking in compassion. I know I had to expect some mistrust being that I was a recovering addict, but I never had a urine sample come back positive and I followed all of her instructions to a T. I switched out of her care, preferring to pay over $150 out of pocket for each monthly visit rather than pay only $30/month to see her. I've since heard that she was never given anyone else in that program due to complaints from multiple patients.

Posted on June 26th, 2017