Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kimberly A Matzie
Dr. Kimberly A Matzie, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Fairfax, VA, with another office in Alexandria, VA. She has 16 years of experience. Her specialties include Surgical Critical Care, Colon & Rectal Surgery and Surgery. Dr. Matzie has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Kimberly A Matzie has the following 3 specialties
- Surgical Critical Care
- Colon & Rectal Surgery
- Colon Cancer
- Anal Ulcer (Fissure in Ano)
- Abdominal Pain
- Colorectal Surgery
- Rectal Prolapse
- Colorectal Cancer
- Anal Cancer (Anus Neoplasms)
- Rectal Pain
- Anal Itching (Pruritus Ani)
- Rectal Bleeding
- Bowel Resection
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
Dr. Matzie went out of her way to make me feel comfortable and she took time to answer all my questions. She also offered to schedule an additional appointment with my husband to answer any questions he may have. Surgery went very well and Dr. Matzie called to check on me after my discharge from the hospital. She is a very skilled surgeon who also takes time to provide personalized, patient-centered care and communication.
Dr. Matzie is very nice. She comes in the room and just talks to you. Does not make you feel rushed, Asks all questions makes sure you got your whole sob story out. Then says ok, "lets take a look". I kept going back to her for like three years (along with one to two visits of a vast array of drs during the same time period) because I liked her so much. Alas, her,(as well as the other dr's, have not found out what is wrong with me. But I would still recommend her. Not her fault I have something no one knows. However, she is very caring and personable. She also does not mind when I call her at the office to ask all kinds of questions.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
16 Years Experience
University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2002
Dr. Kimberly A Matzie accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Aetna Innovation Health
- Aetna VA Signature Gold HMO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kimberly A Matzie is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairfax, VA.