Dr. Kimberly Mckean Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Kimberly Mckean?

Lousy follow up

Posted on March 1st, 2017

Doesn't appear to recall last visit and/or test results. Maybe doesn't have time to review records before visit but doesn't instill confidence. Quicker to write prescriptions rather than offer more life style changes, nutrition consult or post menopausal diet changes. Considering change in PCP.

Posted on July 24th, 2016

She is very thorough and seemed like she really cared about me.

Posted on June 29th, 2016

I found her to be rude, and didn't let me get a word in. She barely asked me about my symptoms, before she told me what I needed to do. She talked to me like I was a child being reprimanded, and seemed visibly annoyed by being there at all.

PCP

Posted on March 2nd, 2016

I was referred to her by another doctor in the practice. I met with her one time and will not again. She had no interest in what I had to ask about my health and was very judgemental. I am a health care professional and I felt as if I was being talked down to at a third grade level. I felt as if I was treated as incompetent. She has no bedside manner what so ever, changing my PCP as we speak!

happy patient

Posted on December 24th, 2015

I have seen Dr Mckean now for the last 2-3 yrs she has always been very up front with me and straight forward. She listens very well and then formulates a thorough plan and follow up. I have always been very happy and impressed with her efficiency and accuracy of diagnosis and treatment. I would highly recommend her as a doctor. she also explains things very well and I never feel like I can not ask a question,

I had a better PCP before.

Posted on October 20th, 2015

Dr. McKean has been my PCP for the past 3 years. I chose her because of the location and it was convenient for me. My first initial visit with her was "blah" but I though I would give her a chance. I am very healthy overall anyway - I figured I only need to see her once a year. I like Dartmouth-Hitchcock, the OB/Gyn team is awesome, especially during my 2nd pregnancy. But I feel that I need to be able to rely on my PCP and I got the sense that she doesn't really care of any issues during my pregnancy considering I had issues on my 1st. The few visits I had with her were very short (with long waits). I get it, I am very healthy but I expect more than just "OK, you're good." from my PCP. I felt like she's rushing and just assume that I have no health problem.

Dartmouth Hitchcock

Posted on June 15th, 2015

Dr. McKean is one of the first Physicians I've actually felt comfortable with at Dartmouth Hitchcock. She is easy to talk to and seems very knowledgeable in medicine. I would recommend her to friends and family.

I like Dr. McKean a lot.

Posted on December 31st, 2013

Dr. McKean has never been abrupt with me. She is, in fact, much more thorough than other PCP's I have had. She is results oriented, and doesn't hesitate to come up with a plan. She is friendly and I feel I have her total attention. I would highly recommend her, PLUS she had evening hours, and that is a big help.

Posted on December 14th, 2011

Dr. McKean has been my doctor for about 5 years. I agree getting to know her may be a little difficult but we only get 15 minutes. Despite that when I was diagnosed with cancer she made sure she was updated by every other doctor I saw. She actually wrote in my records all appointments should be scheduled for 30 minutes. She has always given me complete information regarding any illness, treatment, or medication that is at hand. I have nothing but complete confidence in my care with her.

Terrible bedside manner

Posted on September 3rd, 2011

I have only seen Dr. McKean twice, and will be choosing another primary care physician. She is terrible to speak with, her mannerisms and comments lead you to believe that you are there wasting her time. She is VERY brash with comments, and doesn't listen to anything you are trying to tell her.

Posted on August 10th, 2011

Dr. McKean has a terrible bedside manner. She is very condescending and abrupt. I have chosen another doctor as my primary care. She made me feel like a nuisance and I am someone who only goes to the doctors if I absolutely have to.

This Doctor has persevered to do some Fantastic Medical Work for me and my family. She works hard and her diagnostic excellence is unsurpassed and I recommend this Doctor

Posted on June 22nd, 2010