Dr. Kimberly Smith Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Kimberly Smith?

Posted on May 31st, 2017

She is a wonderful surgeon!

Posted on August 5th, 2016

Most UNCARING, does not want to listen to questions or comments. Rude...Never use her again. Had right knee replacement, need left replaced... NOT using her for left knee..

Posted on January 21st, 2016

I have never felt so strongly about a doctor in my life. She is not a nice person and she doesn't care about her patients, she just wants to "cut". I am sick I allowed her to touch my Body. I was scared and felt I was at her mercy. ! I had an unknown tumor that should have been biopsied but she chose to cut it out. Apparently money means more to her than what is best for Her patients. Dr Kimberly smith has NO BUSINESS operating on sarcoma because she doesn't know what she is doing!!! She LEFT high grade tumor in me and told me she got it all. I asked for a cat scan on my lungs because that's the first place it spreads and her office refused to order me one. I had read about sarcoma by then and knew I needed one. That was the wake up call to me and I left for a major cancer center and they were shocked she didn't order cat scan and they told me the "gold standard" treatment for sarcoma is radiation first to shrink it. Dr smith should have known this. I would think mercy hospital would get rid of her. She needs to be sued. Please do yourself a favor and do not trust anything she says. She quoted statistics to me that my sarcoma specialist told me he "has no idea where she gets her ideas" . .advice: RUN from her!

Posted on August 10th, 2015

best ortho ever!

Posted on July 17th, 2015

I was a patient diagnosed with an osteoid blastoma. This is a bone tumor and my doctor (orth surg) took it out with a bone graft and curettage. Within a year it was back and my new (orth surg ) said I had to go see an oncology orthopedic surgeon. He sent me to Dr Kimberly Smith. She said I would need a total hip replacement. She did that. I went back to my home town a hundred miles away for rehab in patient and then outpatient. On my next to last day of rehab, I was dragging my leg. My PCP sent me for a leg length discrepancy x-ray. Low and behold, a surgical instrument, retractor blade, was in my sciatic notch. Yes sciatic notch. When I went to her office for post op follow up her x ray tech took x rays of my hip but did not shoot low enough. I asked the x ray tech to shoot lower and she did. When doctor entered the exam room I addressed this. she said ok we knew we left that in there. We told you in recovery room. I certainly did not remember that. In any event it had moved and was cutting the sciatic nerve and I had excruciating pain. She started laughing and said I was going to make her take that out wasn't I. I had to physically restrain my mother. Yes, I said. I had to go for a guide wire CT and then went back to surgery on my abdomen with a wire sticking out of my buttock so she could find the instrument in my buttock. I had the same size of incision again that I had with the first surgery. I was sent home the next day. She told me my PCP could just take the staples out that I didn't need to come back to her for that. This is really the short version. I was not treated with respect by her office staff either.

Posted on April 13th, 2015

great dr just needs tohave staf call back

Horrible

Posted on May 3rd, 2014

Bad doctor and office

Excellent Surgeon!

Posted on December 4th, 2013

Dr. Smith has always been a great surgeon. I had bone cancer and she removed the tumor without any problems. She did a fantastic job replacing 6 inches of my bone with titanium rods and lengthening my leg. She has always made sure I wasn't in pain and that all the procedures went smoothly. She also removed my femur. She thinks of the best ways to take care of you.

HORRIBLE SURGEON!!!

Posted on November 27th, 2013

I do not recommend this surgeon! She operated on me without a biopsy and failed to get clear margins on a huge tumor. She also left pieces of the tumor in my leg. When I asked her about doing radiation since my tumor was so large, she told me my cancer was low grade and I didn't need any further treatment since she felt she got it all. When my tumor grew back for the second time just 9 months later, I trusted this doctor to remove it. Once again, without any knowledge of what exactly she was operating on, she removed my tumor. While I was in recovery, she told my husband it was just "scar tissue" from the first surgery that my body couldn't absorb, but they would send it off to pathology anyway. I kept calling her office to find out the pathology results but it took over 2 weeks for me to finally get a call returned. Of course, Dr. Smith was too busy to call me herself. The front office called to give me the news that the"scar tissue" turned out to be a high grade sarcoma. I was in shock, and began asking questions and Teresa didn't know the answer. I had to wait a few days for an appointment to see Dr. Smith if I wanted my questions answered. When I arrived in OK City for my appointment, I was a complete wreck. I then had to wait about 90 minutes since Dr. Smith was running behind that day. Dr. Smith was in a huge rush, was talking very fast & it was hard to comprehend everything she was saying. The thing that stands out the most is she very nonchalantly told me to buy a wig before my hair fell completely out! She also told me she would have to perform a third surgery to resect my leg between chemo and radiation treatments. At this point, I decided to get a second opinion and went to a major cancer center where I was seen by a team of doctors not just one doctor making all the decisions. I was told that chemo was not recommended. The tumor had already been removed so they would have no way of telling if chemo was working since they wouldn't be able to monitor the tumor. I did end up doing radiation & losing a couple of muscles in my leg. Luckily, I am still alive. I am still in physical therapy, trying my best to walk normally. I will never be back to 100% since so much of my leg had to be removed. I'm thankful that I was able to get a second opinion, otherwise, I would have had to undergo chemo for no good reason. Dr. Smith has way too big of an EGO, does not take the time with the patient and admitted to me she had never seen anything like this before. I just wish I would have never gone to her in the first place, it would have saved me from having 2 unsuccessful surgeries with pieces of tumors left behind in my leg both times. My outcome would have been much better if I had a doctor that wasn't so eager to cut blindly. Maybe I can forgive the first surgery as an "oops" surgery. There was absolutely no excuse for not doing a biopsy before the second surgery when this surgeon already knew she was dealing with cancer.

Posted on February 5th, 2013

Great at her job! She saved my hand and wrist. Without her I don't know what we would have tried. She beat the 1st dr all around. Wonderful 2nd opinion I made.

BEST IN THE FIELD!

Posted on September 6th, 2011

Dr. Kimberly Smith is knowledgeable not only in simple orthopedic conditions, but also (and especially) in complex, difficult, and complicated orthope ...

Posted on February 23rd, 2010

Needs to spend more time explaining problem and salutions.