Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kimberly P Schaefer has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Vertebroplasty (Kyphoplasty)
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 46
Not a very nice experience, or a very nice person. She seems to enjoy verbally bullying her patients. If the powers-that-be in charge of this medical office were to record Dr. Schaefer's visits with her patients for just an 8-hour period and witnessed how she speaks to her patients, I'll bet she would be asked to leave. She should seriously consider working in a lab in the future and her time with patients (at least conscious ones) should be limited.
I called in asking for a simple Candida test. First, the nurse called back stating Dr. Schaeffer doesn't know what Candida is. Then I asked the nurse to have Dr. Schaeffer call me. She called me. She said hello, I said hello, and then she said nothing for a good 30 seconds--she basically didn't even want to talk to me. I told her the nurse said she doesn't know what Candida is. She said, no, I know what it is, but I don't see what it has to do with heartburn. Hilarious. I never mentioned heartburn, but interestingly, heartburn is one of the symptoms of Candida. She then said, "I don't even know how to test for Candida!" She, btw, kept pronouncing it Canada, like the country. I told her you test for Candida antibodies. She then ignored that, and moved on: She then asked what symptoms make me THINK I need Candida testing. I then said, I already told the nurse: various indigestion symptoms. She then said, "WELL FIRST OF ALL, I DON'T SEE WHY YOU'RE GIVING ME SUCH ATTITUDE!" Apparently stating facts and being annoyed that I'm being denied testing is having an attitude. Bottom line: This woman should not be allowed to practice medicine.
Dr. Schaefer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Kimberly P Schaefer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsNorth Shore University Health System, 1777 Green Bay Rd, Highland Park, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kimberly P Schaefer in this video.
Dr. Kimberly P Schaefer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Highland Park, IL.