Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kimberly S Chang has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Preventive Medicine
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Chang saw my mother at her clinic and provided care that was both thorough and comprehensive. I was impressed with the high quality of care that Dr. Chang provided my mother. Her exceptionalism as a clinician was also coupled with her warm and caring bedside manner. Dr. Chang asked thoughtful questions to assess my mother's physical and emotional health. Her warm and caring demeanor motivated my mother to share her feelings willingly and in a way that I have not seen before! I was thoroughly blown away but the exchange and I highly recommend Dr. Chang as a physician to anyone looking for an exceptionally capable AND caring clinician.
I started being a patient of Dr. Chang's because my cousin was a donor to Asian Health Services, where Dr. Chang was a founder of that clinic. Dr. Chang demonstrated great medical knowledge and treated me with attentive kindness and empathy. Upon Google searching Dr Chang more, I am super inspired by her humanitarian work and resume. I'm definitely going to become a regular patient.
Dr. Chang listened to my mother and helped her understand the tests and what she was concerned about. Dr. Chang diagnosed a very rare condition that other doctors had overlooked. She was patient and kind .
Dr. Chang is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
- Drexel University College Of Medicine
Dr. Kimberly S Chang accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAsian Health Services, 250 E 18th St Fl 2, Oakland, CA
Dr. Kimberly S Chang is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oakland, CA.