2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Kimberly J Silvers?

fast service (what I want for my fast food, not a doctor)

I took my daughter to see Dr. Silvers for the first time today. We didn't have much choice because the dermatologist I see doesn't take patients under 18, but he is terrific. Dr. Silvers was in & out with us within 5 minutes. My daughter is 12, she could have been kind. A smile or a 'nice to meet you' would have went a long way. She looked my daughter's face very quickly and said this is what I think it is, wrote down some stuff to buy & was gone. She did not explain what the condition is, do we have to use this stuff forever... nothing! I'm just going to hope she is right on her diagnosis & the stuff works. In the meantime, I will have to study online to find out more about this condition. Also, the girls in the office were talking loud enough that we could hear their discussion. It was about abortion & I really feel that is a subject that is very controversial & should not be spoken about in a business setting where people can hear. As far as wait time, we were in right on time, but it's no wonder if she only takes 5 minutes per person.

No Bedside Manners, No Manners Period

When Tangoren left Ithaca, I went to Silvers for dysplastic nevus syndrom, aka weird moles. She'd rather read in her office than show up for her first appointment on time. She schedules so much work that each appointment has to be handled faster than a pit stop in a motor race. Her surgery is very well done, her sutures tidy, but her office is disorganized and her continuity from previous procedures to current visit a drastic failure. When she left Ithaca for Horseheads, her office repeatedly failed to get my records forwarded. Wonder how her Horseheads patients like her?

She was very good

Dr. Silvers is excellent. Extremely knowledgeable. Very kind. Would highly recommend

Amazing Doctor! Staff is great as well!

Look for a different Dermatologist

I am used to quality healthcare. This office is NOT that.

Really?

If you are looking for a doctor to spend time with you and explain things properly and fully, this is NOT the doctor for you! I was a new patient to Dr. Silvers and she took less than 10 SECONDS to give me a FULL BODY SCAN. Really??? When it came to removing the mole that I was there to have removed, she was perfectly competent, but talk about feeling rushed through the process with absolutely no care whatsoever. The front-desk staff was also very rude arguing with patients both in-person and over the phone in front of all the other patients in the waiting room. I truly believe that the only reason Dr. Silvers is still in business is because she is the only dermatologist in Ithaca currently accepting new patients. She is, unfortunately, the only game in town. You know what they call the person that finishes at the bottom of her class in medical school? Doctor. :-(

would definitely recommed

Dr. Silvers has always listened to my concerns carefully and told me my options, she is clear and straight forward. I recommend her to friends and family.

Unprofessional

I cannot believe this office is still in business! I have yet to meet anyone here who is not rude and unprofessional. I have repeatedly had appointments canceled on me the week of and rescheduled for a month or even two months later. When I ask to get appointments after 3pm (so I don't have to take time off of work) the receptionists treat me like I'm being difficult. It is so unpleasant to deal with this place.

I Wish We Had More Dermatologists in the Area

My daughter was a patient with Dr. Silvers, treating he for acne. While the examinations were lightening-speed (not a good thing when it comes to health), my daughter at the time seemed to have cleared up with the internal as well as external medications. However, the medicine is expensive to keep up with and she was helpful in "recommending" us to another doctor about her facial cyst. However, I called today to try to make an appointment for myself to have two large dark patches on my skin and whoever answered the phone was rude and made me feel like why did I call right at 9:00 AM and was very impatient with me. Needless to say I did not continue to make an appointment for myself. I would rather drive as far as Syracuse if I cannot find another dermatologist here. What is wrong with this office?

She is punctual,to the point, coutious, competent. No nonsense doctor. I have been seeing her many years and i will continue to do so. I do not understand the people who wrote nasty reviews. They mus have some other problems. I recommend her highly.Dr. Silvers don't let the nasty comments bother you. I am sure i and others appreciate you.

VBeam laser

I went there twice to have VBeam laser done on my face to treat redness. The aesthetician who did the laser was very friendly and seemed competent. She was very careful and the laser didn't hurt. Overall, I got a very good impression of this place and I'd definitely go back there again.

Dr. Kimberly J Silvers is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Ithaca, NY.