Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. King-Lee L Chu has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. King-Lee L Chu has the following 11 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Block
- Weight Loss
Dr. King-Lee L Chu has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. King-Lee L Chu is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
I agree with everything the person who wrote the review last. It's easy to make a appointment because he does not have much patient. He spends long time with patient for not diagnosis the patient but writing and talking non related things. He is so demanding. He believes that he is the only mr right in the world . If you wanted to experience, go see him.
Can you say hoarder? His "storage" room door was open and it was hard to avoid all the clutter and boxes in there. It didn't stop there, in the one and only patient room which is also his office, there were piles and piles of patient files all over his desk. He seemed unorganized and took several phone calls while he was seeing me, about 6 calls discussing diagnostics with other patients. He ended up repeating the same questions twice because he kept getting interrupted by the calls. I'm pretty sure this is a breach of patient confidentiality. He's definitely old fashioned and didn't have clean medical equipment either. As I said his office is mostly filled with files, old printers & equipment, and floppy disks. I'll not be coming back. He uses halogen lamps everywhere because the lights in the ceiling are blown out. His office assistant isn't allowed to assist. He takes all phone calls and makes his own appointments. If he answers the phone when you call to make an appointment, hang up. My consultation took 45mins and most of it was him taking phone calls with other doctors and patients. My physical exam took 5 mins. and it was uncomfortable with him crawling over the scale to exam me. The room was tiny, cramped, beyond dirty. Therefore I write this review to warn others. Don't go. The entire time, no other patients calls to make appointments or showed up in his office. It's unusual not to see any patients in the waiting room.
45 Years Experience
National Taiwan University
Graduated in 1973
St Marys Hospital
Dr. King-Lee L Chu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- First Health PPO
- Healthfirst NY HMO ABCD
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP Preferred PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsKing-Lee Chu Md, 11045 Queens Blvd Ste 107, Forest Hills, NY
Dr. King-Lee L Chu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Forest Hills, NY.