Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kingsley N Asumugha
Dr. Kingsley N Asumugha, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 30 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Asumugha is affiliated with Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center. Dr. Asumugha has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Kingsley N Asumugha has the following 2 specialties
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Kingsley N Asumugha has the following 2 expertise
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Kingsley N Asumugha has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Kingsley N Asumugha is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 24
I hated going to Dr. Asumugha. He was always rude and treated me like a # or check rather than a caring doctor. After he diagnosed me with a RUPTURED OVARIAN CYST he did nothing else. No follow up and no pain medication. He has so many people that go to him on government insurance that he treats even insured patients the same. The staff was always losing my information and was never good with keeping up with appointments. The wait was almost always over 2 hours and the billing was ridiculous.
I came to Asumugha due to the overwhelmingly good online reviews, but was quite frankly disappointed in what I got. The office staff was great, and wait times were better than average, but the doctor himself was very impersonal and seemed to me to be below par for a gyno. I rarely ever saw him for more than a few minutes, he could not operate an ultrasound machine(he looked like a small child desperately mashing complicated buttons to no avail), and refused to examine me for dilation at week 38 of my pregnancy because he told me my contractions were probably "just cramps." Of course, I was at 5cm in active labor only a few days later. Would not recommend and will not be going back.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Asumugha is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Dr. Kingsley N Asumugha accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsAfina Womens Center, 11003 Resource Pkwy Ste 104, Houston, TX
Dr. Kingsley N Asumugha is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.