Dr. Kiply J Myers Is this you?

1.0

Dissatisfied

Have you seen Dr. Kiply J Myers?

He’s awful

It took me 3 months to even be approved to see a psychiatrist at IU AND I saw Dr. Meyers because he is the only psychiatrist that accepts my insurance. I have had attentional issues my whole life and was evaluated for and diagnosed with adhd at Children’s national in DC. Well according to Dr. Meyers, my diagnosis isn’t real and I don’t have attentional issues and “I only think I do”. Yeah ok. So I’m out of my meds a week before finals and he won’t refill them. I also have diagnosed depression and he says that’s fake too but he thankfully gave me my Lexapro so I wouldn’t go into withdrawal (guess he knows where to draw the line). Needless to say he is a very cold and invalidating doctor and does not belong in the practice.

Horrible

Do not see Dr.Myers. Kiply Myers. Do NOT see him. ANYONE but him. He works for IU health center for a reason - he's a horrible psychiatrist. He seemed nice and knowledgable the first time, but don't be fooled. He doesn't care about the health of the patient, and he blatantly lies. He lied to my face twice when I confronted him about things he had told me in the past. He accused me of faking a diagnoses. I decided to switch to a real psychiatrist, and without my knowledge Dr.Meyers sent the new psychiatrist a poor referral. If I had any current life threatening mental health issues, my suicide would be on his hands, due to the way he mishandles his patients. If you have to see a psychiatrist, find one in the area that accepts your insurance. Stay away from CAPS completely. I've been going there for over a year and have had nothing but problems.

AVOID

Dr. Myers diagnosed me without ever giving me an eval. Oddly, his diagnosis was inaccurate! He takes poor notes and mischaracterizes past conversations. He consistently made derogatory comments about me, and implied that I did not belong in school. He also seems to have some misconceptions about major psychiatric disorders. He actually told me that my condition would "go away" in three weeks! Always very rushed, doesn't listen. I also think he doesn't think before he opens his mouth. He definitely has a temper, and does not appreciate questions. In my opinion, not a good fit between personality and career choice.