Get the facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- High Cholesterol Facts about high cholesterol, including risk factors for getting it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kiran R Kurichety
Dr. Kiran R Kurichety, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Texarkana, TX. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Nuclear Cardiology. Dr. Kurichety is affiliated with Dubuis Hospital Of Texarkana. Dr. Kurichety has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Kiran R Kurichety has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Nuclear Cardiology
Rooted in general cardiology, nuclear cardiologists specialize in a specific, non-invasive imaging technique that's used to diagnose heart disease, evaluate how well your heart is pumping blood, or determine the size and place of a past heart attack.
They’re able to take pictures and video of your heart during stress tests, and in resting states, that allow them to diagnose patients as well as recommended treatments, medication and additional testing that might be needed. They often work closely with radiologists to assess the damage of a past heart attack or the patient's risk for future heart attacks.
Dr. Kiran R Kurichety has the following 12 expertise
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- Blood Clot
Dr. Kiran R Kurichety has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Kiran R Kurichety is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
My father had Parkinson's disease in addition to his extensive cardiovascular history. The Parkinson's wreaked havoc on his blood pressure, up way too high and then way too low. Dr. Kurichety always seemed pleased to see my dad. Although blood pressure is usually handled by the PCP, Dr. K went out of his way to restore my dad's blood pressure to a normal range and treated his Atrial Fibrillation as well as he could given the Parkinson's. My dad had a ton of doctors. Dr. K was one of the top two in terms of competence and empathy. Do yourself a favor and go see him if you have a heart problem.
We met Dr. Kurichety in the hospital when my husband was very ill. He is a very kind, thoughtful doctor. He took all of the time necessary to explain in detail what was going on with my husband's heart and ultimately we were sent to Little Rock. He was straight-forward. I am so very grateful to him. He played a vital part in saving my husband's life. I would recommend him to anyone.
Patients' Choice Award (2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Kurichety is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of Missouri Kansas City School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Rush Presbyterian St Lukes Medical Center
Dr. Kiran R Kurichety accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
Locations & DirectionsTexarkana Cardiology Associates, 2604 Saint Michael Dr Ste 345, Texarkana, TX
Dr. Kiran R Kurichety is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Texarkana, TX.