Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kirit K Tolia has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Gland Issues
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Cholesterol Management
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
- Thyroid Diseases
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Cushing Disease
Showing 5 of 15
My only complaint is that the NP (Linda Aman) changed my Rx from Armour Thyroid to Synthroid without even informing me. There is a nation-wide shortage of Armour Thyroid, but it still would have been nice to be informed about the switch. (there is no generic for Armour Thyroid, so these are 2 totally different medications). I've been taking Armour thyroid for the past 2 years with no problems and suddenly had to stop cold turkey. Now, after 2 weeks, I'm having hypothyroid symptoms again.
Dr. Tolia is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Sinai Grace Hospital
Dr. Kirit K Tolia accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJoslin Diabetes Center, 22255 Greenfield Rd Ste 130, Southfield, MI
Dr. Kirit K Tolia is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Southfield, MI.