Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Kirk Hjeltness
Dr. Kirk Hjeltness, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Coeur D Alene, ID, with other offices in Post Falls, ID and Coeur D Alene, ID (and 1 other location). He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include General Practice. Dr. Hjeltness has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Kirk Hjeltness has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Dr. Kirk Hjeltness has the following 5 expertise
Dr. Kirk Hjeltness has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 7
Extremely dissatisfied with this so called Dr. He completely dismissed me and my symptoms. He made me feel small and didnt listen to me. After waiting an 1 1/2 to see this jerk and he spends a whole 5 minutes with me. Unbelievable. Just another Dr who thinks he is God. His bedside manner leaves much to be desired. He needs to go back to medical school and learn how to deal with patients. Would I recommend him? A resounding NO. The staff were excellent. Maybe he could learn something from them. That is if his head and ego isn't too big.
This doctor treated me like a drug addict. I came in for a migraine and the first thing he said to me was "just so you know we don't give narcotics to migraines." I hadn't even asked for narcotics! Little did he know I was a nurse who worked a floor above him. He spent less than 30 seconds in the room with me, mostly belittling me. It hurt being a member of the same health care system.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
32 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 1986
Sacred Heart Health System
Dr. Kirk Hjeltness accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Access PPO
- Omni PPO
- Options Federal
- Options PPO
- Overlake Employees
- Moda Health Connexus
Regence Health Plans
- Regence ID Preferred Provider Network
- Regence WA Preferred Provider Network
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kirk Hjeltness is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Coeur D Alene, ID.