Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Get the facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Back Pain Get the facts about back pain, including the symptoms and causes.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Dupuytren's Contracture Dupuytren’s contracture is a thickening of the tissue in your hand
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Hip Replacement The reasons why hip replacements are performed.
- Knee Replacement Facts about knee replacement surgery.
- Osteoarthritis Get the facts about osteoarthritis, including the symptoms.
- Osteoarthritis of the Knee Osteoarthritis of the knee: symptoms & risk factors for developing it.
- Osteoporosis Osteoporosis is a condition that causes the bones to weaken.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis Facts about rheumatoid arthritis (RA), including juvenile arthritis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kirk Jensen
Dr. Kirk Jensen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Lafayette, CA, with another office in Oakland, CA. He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Orthopedic Surgery. Dr. Jensen is affiliated with John Muir Medical Center, ALTA BATES SUMMIT MEDICAL CENTER and Alta Bates Summit Medical Center- Summit Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Kirk Jensen has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopedic Surgery
An orthopaedic surgeon is a physician who specializes in diagnosis and surgical treatment of injuries and disorders involving the musculoskeletal system, such as hip replacements and arthroscopic knee surgery.
In addition to treating trauma to the musculoskeletal system, these doctors also deal with sports injuries, degenerative diseases, infections, tumors and congenital disorders.
- Bone Fracture
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Herniated Disc
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 53
I am a physical therapist so I understand the importance of a knowledgeable surgeon who explains the situation well and respects the patient. I also understand good and bad outcomes. Dr. Jensen took time to evaluate my situation and explain the surgery to be performed. His office is well organized and friendly. He will do my total shoulder replacement. PS: I saw 6 other surgeons before I found Dr Jensen. I trust him.
I agree Dr Jensen is a excellent surgeon and just that. I also agree the front desk staff deserves no stars. However if the office suspects its not going to be paid by your insurance they stop responding and send you out the back door. More Dr's. need to care about their patients instead of dollars signs. Im still doing physical therapy and refused a follow-up to because of fear they wont be paid since i relocated.
After my surgeon in Washington told me that he didn't know if he could fix the substantial tears in my rotator cuff due to a dislocated shoulder incident, my daughter in Lafayette (a physician herself) went on a search to find me the best possible surgeon in the East Bay. Dr. Jensen looked at my MRI and explained what needed to be done and how he would do it. I was able to schedule surgery the following week. I have followed the explicit instructions he gave me at my follow-up appointment two weeks after surgery. I just saw him at 10 weeks after, and I am confident that I will eventually be as good as, or almost as good as, I was before I had the accident. This is what I discovered: Dr. Jensen is highly qualified by virtue of his knowledge and experience. He has an extraordinary rate of success because of his skill and protocol for recovery. I found him to be an enjoyable person with a sense of humor and a real concern for me as a patient. He is the reason this whole ordeal has been more than tolerable.. He isthe orthopedic surgeon you want, and I recommend him and his staff most highly.
Dr. Jensen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Alta Bates Summit Medical Center- Summit Campus
John Muir Medical Center-Concord Campus
Walnut Creek Campus
Summit Medical Center
Children's Hospital Rsrch Center Oakland
John Muir Medical Center, Concord Campus
Alta Bates Medical Summit Center - Herrick Campus
John Muir Physician Network
28 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1988
University Of Texas Health Science
Dr. Kirk Jensen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kirk Jensen in this video.
Dr. Kirk Jensen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lafayette, CA.