Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kirk Peterson
Dr. Kirk Peterson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Diego, CA. He has 50 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Peterson is affiliated with UC San Diego Medical Center, UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest and UCSD Thornton Hospital, La Jolla. He speaks English.
Dr. Kirk Peterson has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Aortic Valve Insufficiency
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Blood Clot
- Blood Clot (Thromboembolism)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Coronary Disease
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Heart Attack
- Heart Block
- Heart Catheterization
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- Heart Valve Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Mitral Valve Stenosis
- Myocardial Diseases
- Myocardial Infarction
- Pathologic Constriction
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Rheumatic Heart Disease
- Unstable Angina
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Peterson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
UCSD Medical Center, Hillcrest
UCSD Thornton Hospital, La Jolla
Promise Hospital San Diego
Sharp Memorial Hospital
UC San Diego Health System
50 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1963
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Kirk Peterson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUC San Diego Medical Center, 200 W Arbor Dr, San Diego, CA
Dr. Kirk Peterson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.