More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kirk A Thame has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Pediatric gastroenterologists can treat a variety of diseases and conditions in infants and children related to their liver, pancreas or intestines. If your child has severe or recurrent abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea, a pediatric gastroenterologist can help you get to the bottom of it. They can also help identify the many possible causes of failure to thrive in infants.
Other common conditions they treat include Crohn's Disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, short gut syndrome and hepatitis C, as well as nutritional disorders like celiac disease and lactose intolerance. In order to diagnose and treat your child’s condition, gastroenterologists can perform colonoscopies and other diagnostic testing before deciding on the best treatment plan.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Showing 5 of 21
My child was under his care for nearly two years. After performing a thorough scope and taking numerous biopsies he gave the conclusive diagnosis of ulcerative colitis. Again, a year later this procedure was performed with the same conclusive results. When all forms of treatment had failed, she was placed on 6-mp (chemo) for treatment which had disastrous effects. She soon had to have a feeding tube, she continued to loose weight, at this time I had to beg for her to be admitted to the hospital. The department head stepped in and had her admitted. He then stated she did not have ulcerative colitis, but anastomosis ulcers because the chemo did not work. Long story short...after her case was reviewed by a team of specialist it was found that not only did she have ulcerative colitis, but crohn's as well, which he clearly stated twice that she did not have. My child is now in intestinal failure, she has a central line and is totally dependent upon TPN for her survival and is currently losing blood from an unknown source.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
26 Years Experience
University Of The West Indies Trinidad
Graduated in 1992
Jackson Health System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsVanderbilt University Medical Center, 1211 Medical Center Dr, Nashville, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kirk A Thame in this video.
Dr. Kirk A Thame is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.