Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. James K Zimmer
Dr. James K Zimmer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Gatos, CA, with another office in Los Gatos, CA. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Zimmer is affiliated with Seton Medical Center. Dr. Zimmer has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. James K Zimmer has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 11
I have been seeing Dr. Zimmer for a good number of years now. He listens to my concerns and will have a discussion with me unlike some physicians I have seen in the past that wouldn't listen to my thoughts on the subject. Fortunately I have not had major issues but battle with hypertension and high cholesterol which he has been very helpful with. I appreciate discussing the pros and cons and do a little homework before I go so I can have an intelligent discussion. I would highly recommend him if you can get him as your doctor. The staff at the front desk is a little cold and the office is old and could use a facelift. Other than that an A+ experience.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2010, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Zimmer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
University Of British Columbia
Graduated in 1973
Alameda County Medical Center
Dr. James K Zimmer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. James K Zimmer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Gatos, CA.