Dr. Kiron M Das Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Kiron M Das?

I've been going to dr Das for 12 years. I've always liked him and all his medical team. sometimes th wait is long but thats what happenes when you have the best.

Good Doc but takes months to see

He's well known in the Northeast, that goes without saying you'll wait a long time to see him, practically months. It's frustrating. He did give me an accurate diagnosis and wanted me to be part of his study for a new drug, but wanted me to pay for my own colonoscopy which was several thousand dollars. It should have been free. If you have a flair up, forget about seeing anyone on his staff right away. I suggest going to a less busy and crowded practice.

Dr. Das was very accurate, kind and caring. Great doctor.

Very long wait

Traveled far to make appointment on time, only to wait 3 hours!

I saw Dr. Das years ago when I moved to the area. I had been very ill about two years before, and I went to see him to establish a relationship with a new gastroenterologist in my new community. (By that point, I'd had IBD for about 20 years.) I was handed a slick newsletter put together by Dr. Das's wife as soon as I walked into the office. I knew right away that this was a mistake. Dr. Das's fellow handled the entire visit. Dr. Das came into the room at the very end to tell me that everything was fine, and I should follow the fellow's instructions. I already knew that everything was fine, thanks to my previous well-known, world-class gastroenterologist at one of the world's most prominent academic medical centers in another city. I did not see Dr. Das to be told that information. I saw him to begin to establish a relationship with a new doctor. I never went back. The next year, it would have been a different fellow. I would not have had any continuity of care, which is a hallmark of good medicine. More prominent gastroenterologists than Dr. Das see their own patients without turning over the work to fellows. He never gave me a chance to discuss anything in private with him. He never even sat down to talk and was in and out of the room within a minute or two. Given Dr. Das's attitude toward patients, how could I trust he'd even be present for my colonoscopies once I was under anesthesia? I wonder what happens when he sees a doctor for his own medical needs. Does he allow himself to be shunted off to a fellow? Does he care if he has to wait a long time to be seen? By the way, I don't have a problem with fellows being present, provided I have a chance to talk to the doctor alone at some point during the visit. How can a gastroenterologist who deals with an embarrassing medical problem be sure his patients are telling him everything if they never give the patient time alone? But the truth is that all my other prominent gastroenterologists have handled outpatient visits by themselves without house staff. Now that I elect not to have anesthesia during colonoscopies, I also know they are doing them themselves.

I've never left his office in under an hour even when I only see him for 5 minutes. The residents/fellows provide most of the personalized care. He prescribes medications and is not as holistic as my previous gastro. His exams are good - I have the impression he knows what to look for and how to treat it, but follow up exams are a waiting game. Be prepared to wait two hours or more in between arrival and seeing him.

Supervisor of Operations

Doctor Das is a professional and i would Highly recommend. All must understand that he deals with in many cases the last resort to caring for an illness such as mine.(Chrones)I am able to lead a good normal life due to his intervention. You must be open to all treatments until one is found that work for you and follow up even when health is good. Chrones is a life long commitment of caring for yourself, there is no quick and perminent fix. A large part of dealing with the illness is mental preparation, adjusting your life and Medication. I have had to endure two major operations and a multitude of drugs but i can happly say i have a good life and will continue to use Dr. Das and his students. There are break throughs every day and someday this hospital or one like it will make it happen. Positive attitude is the KEY.

I Don't care about his bedside manner!

Here's the thing, I was with a different doctor for a long time--nice, courteous, caring, etc. Couldn't reign in my UC. He was the one who finally recommended Dr. Das. I barely ever see Dr. Das, BECAUSE I DON'T NEED TO. At the time, 13yrs ago, he brought my UC in check over the course of 6mos-1 year. I only had one quick flare-up after my c-sections and anti-biotics. He and his staff took care of it quickly. I hope not to see you again for a long time yet. Thank you.

Wonderful doctor!

I have been Dr. Das's patient for over 13 years. Before I went to see him, my Crohn's Disease was uncontrolled. I was on a high dose of prednisone and was constantly ill. Now I can happily say that I have not had a Crohn's symptom for the last 12 years. I went to many doctors and he was the only one that helped me. I welcome the doctors that he is teaching and he is always researching new medicines and techniques. I have sent at least 6 people to see him and would highly recommend him to anyone. My quality of life was terrible before I was under his care and now I am so healthy! He is in a teaching hospital and I feel lucky to have him and his associates taking care of my health!

Only comes in once a week

Too Busy for Patients

I have been a patient of Dr. Das for more than a year and I have seen him only once and talked to him since my initiatl visit only once as well. He pawns off his tasks to Fellows who pay very little attention to symptoms and needs. I have been undergoing the Remicade treatment for over a year now and have noticed my symptoms are getting worse. Each time I call the doctor, a Fellow calls me back and just keeps prescribing this or that instead of trying to get to the root of the problem. I am definitely looking for a new doctor. His research and influx of patients equals lack of attention.