The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Alopecia Alopecia facts; different types of hair loss & what can cause it.
- Facelift Facts about facelifts, including the different types of procedures.
- Facial Wrinkles and Lines Find out what causes facial wrinkles and lines.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- Non-Healing Wounds Facts about non-healing wounds, including different types & causes.
- Psoriasis Learn about the symptoms of different types of psoriasis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kirsten M Turchan
Dr. Kirsten M Turchan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Carmel, IN. Her specialties include Pediatric Dermatology and Dermatology. Dr. Turchan is affiliated with IU Health Methodist Hospital and Community Hospital East. Dr. Turchan has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Kirsten M Turchan has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Dermatology
A dermatologist is a doctor who has extensive training and knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and nails and treats conditions that affect those areas. These doctors will evaluate any abnormality, blemish or lesion on the skin in order to determine the cause and will determine a course of treatment.
Dermatologists provide patients with full body scans in order to identify any signs that are indicative of an illness that requires treatment, such as skin cancer. These specialists may also provide cosmetic services, such as mole removal, scar diminishing treatments and even botox and face lifts.
- Actinic Keratosis
- Basal Cell
- Prenatal Care
- Acne (Acne Vulgaris)
- Skin Biopsy
- Skin Cancer
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
Our Daughter had very severe eczema to the point her skin was cracking open and bleeding. We took her to Dr. Turchan after not getting anywhere at Riley Children's Hospital and Dr. Turchan not only got her cleared up but also did alot of research on our daughter's syndrome that has dermatology issues. She went over and above to learn as much as she could to help our little girl.Riley treated our daughter like nothing but a chart number and we got personalized attention every time we go see Dr. Turchan.
During our first visit, the Doctor said flat out, "I don't know what it is." She decided to try one method for removing a bump on my daughter's skin. She spent less than 5 minutes with us from the time she walked in the door and back out again. Very turned off by her lack of patient relations skills. Our out of pocket costs for a visit and treatment that did not remove the spot, was $200. Won't be going back as prescribed.
I have spent over $1000 in the past 6 weeks on medication and office visits - while the issue my daughter has is getting better. I will not be a long-time patient of Dr. Turchan's. The amount of time spent in the exam room with my daughter was dismal (and not adequate) as well as the discussion with me (the parent) of the next steps of care of the issue was very weak. The scheduler (Jane) is the worst I have ever encountered - totally unwilling to work with my WIDE OPEN schedule to get my daughter back in for a follow-up appointment. I will definitely be switching Dr's.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Turchan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Clarian Health Partners
Dr. Kirsten M Turchan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDermatology Inc, 11900 N Pennsylvania St Ste 202, Carmel, IN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kirsten M Turchan in this video.
Dr. Kirsten M Turchan is similar to the following 0 Doctors near Carmel, IN.