Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kishor Kumar Muniyappa
Dr. Kishor Kumar Muniyappa, MD, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Richmond, VA, with another office in Fort Pierce, FL. He has 11 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Muniyappa is affiliated with Bon Secours St Mary's Hospital, Bon Secours-Richmond Community Hospital and Retreat Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Kishor Kumar Muniyappa has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Kishor has to be the best doctor I think I've ever been to, and I've been to a lot, trying to find a professional that was willing to work with Hashimotos and a TSH level "within normal range". I was very symptomatic (weight gain, hair loss, fatigue, etc.). All my symptoms were ignored by other practitioners. I was even having blackout spells when I became menopausal at dinner parties (no, only one alcoholic drink and moderate eating). I researched bioidentical hormones and found it difficult to find a doctor willing to work with someone on this particular medication, but had to when the lowest dose estrogen birth control pill gave me a dangerous blood clot. He is a blessing to Richmond.
Dr. Muniyappa is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
CJW Medical Center - Chippenham Campus
VCU Health Center & MCV Hospital and Physicians
Medical College of Virginia
Henrico Doctors' Hospital
John Randolph Medical Center
VCU Health System
11 Years Experience
Bangalore Medical College
Graduated in 1998
St Francis Hospital
Dr. Kishor Kumar Muniyappa accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kishor Kumar Muniyappa is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Richmond, VA.