Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Klea Bertakis
Dr. Klea Bertakis, MD, MPH is a Doctor primarily located in Sacramento, CA, with other offices in Roseville, CA and Sacramento, CA . She has 36 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Bertakis is affiliated with University of California Davis Medical Center, U C Davis Med Ctr and UC Davis Med Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Klea Bertakis has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Preferred to talk me out of allergy testing for several years instead of allowing the testing so I could manage it with lifestyle choices instead of OTC drugs. Advised pap smears every 3 years; medical office wouldn't allow me to see her as primary care physician anymore since I didn't request an appointment with her for more than 2 years! Even though Dr. Bertakis specializes in good bedside manner, I'm very dissatisfied with the admin staff/rules.
Dr. Bertakis is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
University of California Davis Medical Center
U C Davis Med Ctr
UC Davis Med Center
36 Years Experience
University of Utah
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Klea Bertakis accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Klea Bertakis is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sacramento, CA.