Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Koorosh Kooros has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Gastroenterology
Pediatric gastroenterologists can treat a variety of diseases and conditions in infants and children related to their liver, pancreas or intestines. If your child has severe or recurrent abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea, a pediatric gastroenterologist can help you get to the bottom of it. They can also help identify the many possible causes of failure to thrive in infants.
Other common conditions they treat include Crohn's Disease, inflammatory bowel disease, liver disease, short gut syndrome and hepatitis C, as well as nutritional disorders like celiac disease and lactose intolerance. In order to diagnose and treat your child’s condition, gastroenterologists can perform colonoscopies and other diagnostic testing before deciding on the best treatment plan.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Capsule Endoscopy
- Endoscopic Ultrasound (Fetoscopy)
Showing 4 of 4
I would not wish Dr. Kooros on my worst enemy. Six years after being "treated" by Dr. Kooros at the URMC Pediatric GI unit & referred to a psychologist, my daughter had an emergency small intestine resection, removing 10" of small bowell that had been severely ravaged by Crohn's Disease. During the time she saw Dr. Kooros, she had unexplained GI distress, a near peptic ulcer, and sudden onset of lactose intolerance. He said her symptoms were caused by 'stress', referred her for a psych evaluation and suggested yoga. Asked if she could be experiencing the onset of something like Crohn's Disease, he answered an emphatic, "No". Dr. Kooros never seemed to hear us when we explained the severe nature of her episodes. He was dismissive and mocking when we told him various OTC medicines & enzymes we had tried to relieve her symptoms. After a while she started to 'shut down' and become stoic - so tolerant of excessive pain that we didn't know how much she was suffering. We didn't seek a second opinion because URMC Pediatric GI was the penultimate in care in Rochester. Big mistake. Six years later she was rushed to an out-of-state hospital in acute abdominal distress where she underwent an emergency resection that saved her life. Dr. Kooros is arrogant, only hears what he wants to hear, and is a disgrace to the profession. His medical license should be revoked.
Dr. Koorosh Kooros accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Koorosh Kooros in this video.
Dr. Koorosh Kooros is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.