Dr. Kornelis Poelstra Is this you?

4.7

Have you seen Dr. Kornelis Poelstra?

No relief...

Posted on November 18th, 2017

I had 2 back surgeries on my lumbar spine. Same area. Feb and Sept of 2016. It's now Nov 2017. I am in so much pain! I looked up my last visit on their portal. It mentioned something about post lumbar laminectomy syndrome. I was never told this. I had to look it up online after I read this. I was supposed to have had a referral done to a neurologist for neuropathy after the surgery. I've emailed and called and left a message to remind them. They have never done anything about it. I feel like they make you feel so good about them before the surgery but don't care about you afterwards. It really makes me sad because I put all my trust in the Dr and staff. I feel very let down.

Posted on November 14th, 2017

Did a great job on my back.

Extremely Talented!

Posted on November 1st, 2017

If you are looking to entrust your spine to a surgeon then look no further than Dr. Poelstra. I was terrified of having cervical fusion. I now wish I would have had the surgery done a year earlier. He has is so very kind and is extremely skilled. I had no dysphasia, felt amazing after surgery and my scar looks like it was done by a plastic surgeon! Thank you Dr. Poelstra for giving me quality of life back! I am looking forward to playing with my kids, being able to work out and being pain free!

Superstar Team!

Posted on October 18th, 2017

I highly recommend Dr. Poelstra to anyone experiencing back pain! I was miserable for months until seeing Dr. Poelstra and Jonathan. They were extremely professional and courteous. I was very nervous as this was my first every surgery and the entire staff made me feel as calm as can be. I am 5 weeks out of surgery and my recovery is going extremely well. I was told by many people to my surgery in Birmingham or Atlanta, so I could see the best surgeons. I think we have one of the best right here in Santa Rosa Beach. Thanks Dr. Poelstra!

Life Changing

Posted on October 17th, 2017

I went to Dr. Poelstra for severe back pain. His diagnosis was right on and I can tell because the surgery he recommended took care of the issues I had. I had a spine injection first to see if the swelling in the herniated discs could be reduced but 10 minutes after leaving the surgery center we were rear ended in an auto accident. The MRI taken after the accident showed severe disc swelling of the area where the injection was done. Dr Poelstra told me that surgery would be required and he fully explained what needed to be done. After the surgery the original pain was gone. It has been six weeks since my surgery and I am getting better every day. I walk straight again (not hunched over like before the surgery) and I feel wonderful. I did research before contacting Dr Poelstra and I am glad that I found him. I would recommend (and I have) to anyone who asks. The whole staff of the Emerald Coast Spine Institute are exceptional people. Very caring, and responsive to calls and questions. You could not ask for better!!!!! A most sincerest THANK YOU Dr Poelstra, Anna and Jonathan for everything you have done for me.

Brent Spaulding

Posted on October 10th, 2017

Dr Kornelis Poelstra performed what I call a miracle. I had visited several other doctors regarding my unbearable sciatica pain in my left leg with little or unconventional help. I found Dr Poelstra by Googling for help. I made an appointment at his Crestview office and met with his assistant Anna. From the very beginning she showed me what my problem was. She called me 3 days later and said that Dr Poelstra could do the surgery. From my first visit to the last Dr Poelstra did exactly what he said he would do. I am so happy with my surgery results that I can’t put into words. Just that he gave me my life back and I can’t thank him and his great staff as well as Sacre Heart Hospital enough.

Best Spine Surgeon

Posted on October 1st, 2017

I was suffering from a large ruptured disc at the L2-L3 level with severe radiating pain in both legs, thighs and hips. It was so bad I could not even lie down and had to sleep in a chair for over a month prior to surgery. I could not stand upright for more than 30 seconds without extreme pain. Anna Braun, Dr. Poelstra's ARNP Nurse Practitioner at The Spine Institute, recommended an MRI that showed the disc herniation along with spinal stenosis. At this point, surgery was pretty much the only option and we scheduled the procedure at Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast (SHHEC). SHHEC has a dedicated Spine Center Team to assist in the surgery and recovery process for Dr Poelstra's patients. Lara Cooper and her team at the SHHEC Spine Center provide great care and are a wonderful resource for patients recovering from spine surgery! Dr Poelstra told me after surgery that I had tremendous nerve compression from the herniated disc along with spinal stenosis with a 90% blockage of the spinal column from the disc fragments and arthritis. Dr Poelstra, with Anna's assistance, was able to do a complete nerve decompression and clean-out of the spinal column that offered me pain-free relief as soon as I awakened from surgery. I did a lot of research prior to selecting Dr Poelstra and would have gone anywhere in the country to get the best possible expertise for the surgery. As a matter of fact, my wife needed heart valve surgery 2 years ago and we did not hesitate to go to the Cleveland Clinic, which is the number one place in the world for heart surgery. After my experience with Dr Poelstra, I would put him in that same category for spinal surgery! I am so thankful that we have such a renowned and experienced spine surgeon and team right here on the Emerald Coast in Destin, FL.

A million thank you's are not enough.

Posted on October 1st, 2017

Doctor Poelstra and his team gave me my life back. I haven't felt this good in years. The process from diagnosis to recovery was seamless and quick. A pure genius in his field. I recommend Doctor Poelstra for anyone in need of cervical spinal surgery. You won't find a better surgeon and team. I am truly blessed that I had Doctor Poelstra and his team for this surgery.

Wonderful surgeon

Posted on September 16th, 2017

This genius was an answer to my prayers. He made my back WHOLE again. After suffering for many years and several back surgeries, he corrected my stenosis and sciatic nerve problems. Best bedside manor I have experienced with any doctor ever

Wonderful experience

Posted on August 11th, 2017

Simply the best all around. Have seen numerous spine specialists and he is the BEST. Take my word for it. 100% honest and open. With outstanding team and excellent results. Love his slogan: Motion is Lorion. Dr Poelstra is your best choice.

WOW

Posted on July 25th, 2017

Best bedside Manner of any Doctor

OUTSTANDING ALL AROUND!!!!

Posted on July 19th, 2017

Amazing recovery from highly complex surgery...! This doctor and his teams (hospital AND clinic!!) walk on water, folks. Have no fear... SpineMan is here!!