Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Koshnaf A Antar MD
Dr. Koshnaf A Antar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Middletown, NY, with other offices in Middletown, NY and Middletown, NY . He has 29 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. Dr. Antar is affiliated with St Luke's Cornwall Hospital-Newburgh Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Koshnaf A Antar has 3 locations
35 Maltese Dr
Middletown, NY 10940
2 Edgewater Dr Ste 1
Middletown, NY 10940
Book Online Now
Dr. Koshnaf A Antar has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
Dr. Koshnaf A Antar has the following 8 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Showing 4 of 4
Self-verified patient of Dr. Koshnaf A Antar - Posted on October 31st, 2018
I have been a patient of Dr. Antar's for about two years. In that two years he has helped me walk pain free. Other doctors were insisting on knee replacement surgery that I don't want. Both my knees are pain free with shots Dr. Antar has given me and I think he's the nicest man I've ever met and a great doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Koshnaf A Antar - Posted on October 1st, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Koshnaf A Antar - Posted on April 12th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Koshnaf A Antar - Posted on September 29th, 2009
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Antar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Universidad De Buenos Aires
Graduated in 1989
Prince Georges Hospital Center
Dr. Koshnaf A Antar Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Connecticare Passage
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Metro
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Koshnaf A Antar is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Middletown, NY.