Dr. Kostas Economopoulos Is this you?

4.8

Have you seen Dr. Kostas Economopoulos?

Thank you isn't enough...

I have been having issues with my hip and spine for many, many years. As a mom of 4 and grandmother of 1, I've taken care of everyone but me. I've worked hard all my life even with the faulty hip and scoliosis. In 2015, I went to see several doctors to see if we could get the surgeries I need done. I went to OrthoAZ, Sonoran Spine, etc...and it was like no one wanted to treat me. This I couldn't understand as we have BC/BS and they are in network. OrthoAZ in 2015 just said they couldn't help me. They took x-rays, but said they do older people. They didn't want to touch my spine and said there was nothing wrong w/the hip. I went to Sonoran Spine and they said they'd do surgery on the neck, but that there wasn't anything wrong w/the hip, my low back didn't need surgery even though the MRI showed 3 herniated discs, and that the limp and drooping shoulder I was faking. FAKING. So, I left in tears, and I've went another 3 yrs in severe, debilitating pain, put on more weight even w/diet as I can't exercise like I used to, and do not sleep more than 2-4 hours any given night, and sometimes none at all. I do not take pain meds unless I'm completely unable to walk/stand upright, which happens occasionally. My husband and I decided to cancel our vacation this year, 2018, and focus on my back since I've had a few rough episodes (1 landed me in the ER which I loathe). I went back or OrthoAZ to see their head hip specialist who was rated one of the best. He did the MRI (finally), and low and behold I have a huge cyst and a very large labral tear. He also did x-rays. Now, this guy decides not to go over anything w/me, and I never even saw an x-ray. He says if I want surgery, which he said I need, I must have an injection and 6 weeks of therapy. This I don't understand w/a labral tear as PT would make it worse, and he said I need surgery. He also said I needed to do this all "in house". KEY WORDS. I didn't feel comfortable with this, so I told my husband that I wanted a 2nd opinion. I made an appointment w/Dr. Kostas E. (his last name is a mouthful), and said if he will do it, we'll get it done, but if not, I'm done w/Dr's. I was not very hopeful. I met Dr. Kostas and he SMILED at me, and he LISTENED to me. He understood that I've had this issue for many YEARS, and that I've been doing PT, exercises, and chiropractic care since 1993, and have tried anti inflammatory meds w/no luck. 6 weeks of PT would not be useful, nor an injection. So, he said lets take some x-rays here to get a better look, and THOSE showed I have a square femoral head instead of a round one (square peg in a round hole). So, he goes, I've probably had this since I was born, and the bone created the tear which created the cyst. OMG-AN ANSWER!!! An actual answer w/a solution that makes sense=immediate surgery. YES! I was so happy I wanted to cry. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART-THANK YOU!

Highly recommended doctor

Dr. Economopoulos was the first to determine the right diagnosis of a torn meniscus after we consulted many doctors in a one-year period. Appointment for surgery was quickly made and the surgery went smoothly. Dr. Economopoulos is a very kind doctor, taking all time to explain the procedure to me and my husband. He personally checked with my physiotherapist the right follow-up.

ACL arthroscopy and Meniscus repair

He is a great doctor. I would recommend him to people with this type of knee injury.

Love Dr. E! He is patient and thoroughly explains everything so you know exactly what is going on and the plan for treatment.

Excellent

Dr. Econ is always very professional, quick but thorough! He actually listens to your concerns and answers all questiions.

One of the best

Myself and my family are very pleased with Dr. Economopoulos! He is considerate, friendly and knowledgeable.

Loved this Dr. He and his staff were so professional and caring. They told me exactly what to expect and what to do before hand. He was happy and glad to help me get better. I am 2 weeks into recovery and have no pain.

Informative. Encouraging

Dr. Eco came across as very knowledgeable and confident that he can help me. I came away encouraged and eager to have the procedure done.

Dr. Eco is very personable, kind, and does great work. He answers direct email promptly and fixed me up.

Excellent Surgeon & Doctor

Dr. Economopoulos is very caring, personable, and an expert surgeon. He takes the time to listen to me and answer my questions with much patience and understanding. I have the utmost confidence in his ability and diagnosis. I would (and do) refer him to anyone who needs further care of a hip injury. Thank you for all that you do!

Excellent Doc

Excellent Dr., did a great job on repairing my broken body and getting me back on the road to recovery. Doesn't talk over your head, genuinely concerned with your well being.

Fantasic physician. Answers all of my questions. Never seems rushe