Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kouichi Matsushige has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr Mat is one of the best doctors I have ever known. He has always shown concern, caring and sympathy for his patients. He has always shown great concern for his patients. I would much rather wait a few extra minutes to see a doctor that will take time with his patients than one that is in and out within 5 minutes. I hated to see him retire. They should have a class for all doctors to learn how to be as professional as he is. I hope he has a long, healthy and happy retirement.
Dr. Matsushige is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Bon Secours Maryview Medical Center
Dr. Kouichi Matsushige accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions805 Rodman Ave, Portsmouth, VA
Dr. Kouichi Matsushige is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Portsmouth, VA.