Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kouros Farro has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Saw him in the urgent care for severe back pain and leg numbness. He was VERY understanding and really seemed to care, unlike many other doctors these days. He is a free thinker and makes his own conclusions based on HIS observations, not others (as many doctors just read the last Dr's notes and keep going based on that alone - which may not be correct). He even personally called me the next day to see how I was doing. I know of VERY FEW doctors that still do that!Thanks Dr. Farro
I was very impressed with Dr Farro. I didn't feel rushed, he took time and explained everything. I think what impressed me the most was as he was leaving he said "It was very nice to meet you". I've never had a doctor say that before.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Farro is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Huron Hospital - Cleveland Clinic H
Dr. Kouros Farro accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsDuke Urgent Care Croasdaile, 1821 Hillandale Rd Ste 24A, Durham, NC
Dr. Kouros Farro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Durham, NC.