- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kourosh Adhami MD
Dr. Kourosh Adhami, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Babylon, NY. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Kourosh Adhami has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Kourosh Adhami has the following 10 expertise
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Hepatitis C
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Celiac Disease
Dr. Kourosh Adhami is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kourosh Adhami - Posted on October 22nd, 2015
Terrible service. If you are planning on going to this center be prepared to wait well over an hour to be seen. From there Dr. Adhami spent a total of 5 minutes with me before ordering me to have a colonoscopy. I was very hesitant and felt like I did not need one but was assured by his staff representative that this was completely routine and that the new facility and procedure would be completely covered by my insurance. I was very specific about this as I did not have the additional funds to pay out any extra doctor bills. They were very convincing but then to my surprise 4 months later I received over $1000 in bills between the Dr, Facility and Anesthesiologist. When I contacted Adhami's office I was then told that they would not take care of these billings even through they promised me that I would not be responsible for a single penny. To top it off I have been trying to get him and his staff to fill out necessary medical paperwork for my job and they are refusing to complete the request. When asked to speak to the doctor or office manager they are either "not there" or "in a meeting" Now my job is holding me accountable for this missing paperwork and I'm stuck with over $1000 of unnecessary medical bills.
27 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1991
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Kourosh Adhami Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
Locations & DirectionsISLAND DIGESTIVE DISEASE CONSULTANTS, 400 W Main St Ste 300, Babylon, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kourosh Adhami, MD - Gastroenterology in Babylon, NY, in this video.
Dr. Kourosh Adhami is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Babylon, NY.