Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kourosh Noormand has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I visited many pain patients for years of my problem till I saw Dr noormand and in the beginning it was very difficult to get appointment and his front office staff were nasty and mean finally I saw him and he seemed to be knowlegable but treated me like I am nobody but finally after a few visits my chronic pain started to ease down and after nine months it is almost gone away, ,the result that i never got from other doctors even in UCLA.He thinks he is above anyone in this world but his medical practice seems to be a miracle and he needs to be more humble, any way I like him and Lord bless him
Upon reading up on Dr. Noormand, I find he is an anesthesiologist. However, he has been working as a Pain Management Dr as well. He takes vacation without notifying patients, leaves patients without medication. Does not correct perscription problems in absense. Does not see patients promptly, and refuses to care about patient needs. Should not be filling this role. He has caused withdrawl systems in patients, without concern. I have never seen a physician like it. He is terrible.
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital Center
Dr. Kourosh Noormand accepts the following insurance providers.
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNew Wave Health Care Center, 1016 S Robertson Blvd, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Kourosh Noormand is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.