Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kourtney D Sims MD
Dr. Kourtney D Sims has 2 locations
6319 Fairmont Pkwy Ste 202
Pasadena, TX 77505
Dr. Kourtney D Sims has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Kourtney D Sims has the following 12 expertise
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
- Hot Flashes
- Birth Control
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Pelvic Exam
Showing 5 of 45
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kourtney D Sims - Posted on June 19th, 2017
forced to fill out "paperwork" electronically. not easily manageable hidden fees/hidden evaluations charged if you dont show up 15 min early Dr shows up late to Appointment. (20 after required time for patient to be there!) Patient is locked out of office till dr. gets there. canT contact by phone... only to set appt. and "transcribe requests" takes up to 48 to read or respond. no front desk- no greeting billed 10 days after visit charge auto charged card 2days after Ebill!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kourtney D Sims - Posted on April 16th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kourtney D Sims - Posted on February 23rd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kourtney D Sims - Posted on February 10th, 2016
Bad experience.It took 4 days to send a prescription and after many calls they told me they can "mail me" the prescription! It took too many messages back and forth to schedule an appointment as you are forced to schedule appointment through portal,they changed the appointment location to very far location without asking me if i'm ok to go to that location.they took$50 for admin fees and when i told them i'm not satisfied with your service& will not come again and want to refund$50,they refused.
Terrible Front Desk
Self-verified patient of Dr. Kourtney D Sims - Posted on February 3rd, 2016
I scheduled my appointment a week ago through ZocDoc. I received paperwork from ZocDoc conforming the appointment. When I called 3 hours before the appointment to verify that I was on the list, I was told there was no appointment scheduled by I could be squeezed in. I was then told by the receptionist that she could not verify my insurance and that I needed to call the 800 number on the back of the card to verify if they could accept my insurance. I told her that normally the doctors office verifies insurance and I wanted her to call to be sure. She told me that she did not have time and the appointment was cancelled. Very disappointed in ZocDoc and the service received from this office.
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2008, 2009, 2010)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
14 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2005
Dr. Kourtney D Sims Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kourtney D Sims, MD - Obstetrics and Gynecology in Pasadena, TX, in this video.
Dr. Kourtney D Sims is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Pasadena, TX.