Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Krikor I Kalindjian
Dr. Krikor I Kalindjian, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Kalindjian is affiliated with Greater El Monte Community Hospital, Northridge Hospital Medical Center and Methodist Hospital Southern Ca. He speaks English.
Dr. Krikor I Kalindjian has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Krikor I Kalindjian has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Krikor I Kalindjian has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 19
Dr Kalindijan rushes through his rounds like a tornado. Didn't even know my name or condition before walking in the hospital room (each day)! He continually gave orders that either contradicted or antagonized the orders of my surgeon. Was rushing to discharge me the same day of my surgery. I ended up being discharged by my surgeon on day 4. Dr Kalindijan is dangerous and reckless, be very very careful if you grt stuck with him. Avoid at all costs!
I have to agree with most of these not Happy posts about Dr. KK. I don't know how he's practicing. He spoke to be so unprofessionally, ranted about how much he gets paid a visit for people on state insurance & told me "You have to take what You get, if You don't like it pay for Your insurance." Which I understand. This is a temporary situation. I think people's time is worth $ for sure. I'm not a freeloader but things happen & I'm vigilant about changing it but I've never had a Dr. In my life & I'm in my early 60s talk to me the way he did. It's how he delivered his thoughts to me. He basically reprimanded me with a harsh tone in his voice. I later thought & wished I'd of said "You must be a Horrible Lover." I don't know how he is practicing. He has the Sensitivity & Compassion of a gnat. I don't know what oath he took when he became a Dr. but he definitely needs an awakening in what it means to be a "Good Dr."...
Â How is this man allowed to practice medicine? I had a high regard for doctors until I crossed paths with this self absorbed egotistical man (not by choice). Unfortunately, my loved one was assigned to Krikor Kalindjian. His routine visit at bedside would entail no more than 5 minutes, while his visits to the ICU desk would be lengthier (given his hunger for attention from the opposite sex). As my loved one was fighting for their life, he could not spare minutes away from his "groupies" and/or "fans". But as shared by many of the females (mostly RN's and LVN's) around him, they merely humored him so that when necessary he would listen to their patients' concerns. Upon obtaining my relative's medical history, I decided to give Kalindjian suggestions (I am aware that I am not a doctor but I was desperate to help and did much reading). He was surprised to hear what I had to, but the true shock was reserved for me. Kalindjian was not as confident anymore, as his complete lack of knowledge of "HIS" patient's condition (my loved one) was revealed. I was reduced to tears and feared for their life. Luckily another doctor took over and my relative is still around.
This doctor is AWFUL. I went with him with the default doctor suggested by my insurance co. He has an ego bigger than his head and a head without brain. I feel relieved reading these reviews becouse I am not the only one who is exteremly disappointed with the lack of care given by him. He is just trying to move on to the next paitent without caring about their condition.
Dr. Kalindjian is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
Universita Degli Studi Di Padova
Graduated in 1992
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Krikor I Kalindjian accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Basic HMO
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Vitalidad Plus CA con Aetna
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
Locations & DirectionsHollywood Presbyterian Medical Center, 1300 N Vermont Ave, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Krikor I Kalindjian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.