Diabetic Macular Edema
Get the facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types and the doctors and specialists who treat it.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kris F Gillian has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Kris F Gillian has the following 12 expertise
- Eye Pain
- Eye Exam
- Lasik Surgery
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Radial Keratotomy (Refractive Surgical Procedure for Myopia)
- Macular Degeneration
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Vision Issues
- Diabetic Retinopathy
Dr. Kris F Gillian has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Kris F Gillian is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Gillian performed a Blepharoplasty on me. He left large amounts of scare tissue in the corners of my eyes (inner and outer) and on my lids. My eyes are not symmetric. Per my 2nd and 3rd opinions...this wasn't done correctly. When questioned about it he had an attitude. It will be expensive to get this corrected. Don't take chances, do your research.
I should have known that things would be bad when the front desk staff was already starting to talk about patients. This place tries to sell "premium" lenses to my mom...we didn't want it because it's so expensive. But they kept trying...it's annoying. Then the doc got frustrated with us because we were asking so many questions. Go anywhere else...you'll be happier.
21 Years Experience
University Of Arkansas For Medical Sciences College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
St Francis Medical Center
Dr. Kris F Gillian accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Atlanta HMOx
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kris F Gillian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lawrenceville, GA.