More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kris A Rooney has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Infectious Disease
- Pediatric Diabetes
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr. Rooney is one of the best physicians we have encountered. We have a child with special needs and hospitalizations are always very challenging. First, Dr. Rooney was clearly familiar with our son's rare metabolic disorder and really knew her stuff. This is a blessing because many doctors haven't even heard of his condition. Then, Dr. Rooney sat on the floor with us for almost an hour in order to be sure our child was comfortable (he loves playing on the floor and hates to be in the crib) as she went over his care plan in detail with us. Best of all, she incorporated our family's needs and suggestions. She is one of the few doctors that understands that we, as his parents, know him best. She respects that. We couldn't have asked for better care.
Dr. Rooney was incredible. Our child was hospitalized recently and we were terrified. Dr. Rooney is compassionate, brilliant, and thoughtful. We instantly felt relieved in her care and she was amazing with our son. We will never forget her or the care she provided during our time of need. We only wish she had an outpatient practice because we would love to continue to have her care for all our children. Amazing.
Dr. Kris A Rooney accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsLehigh Valley Hospital Cedar Crest Campus, 1200 S Cedar Crest Blvd, Allentown, PA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kris A Rooney in this video.
Dr. Kris A Rooney is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Allentown, PA.