Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Krishnamurty S Velamakanni has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Krishnamurty S Velamakanni has the following 7 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Krishnamurty S Velamakanni has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 15
I am a Renal Patien with near end stage I have been fallowed by him for the past several years without any complications. He is not only an Internist he is also a Nephrologist who has actively practicing in all three local Hospitals with full privileges.He does accept Dialysis patients as well as Renal transplant fallow ups and evluations He has been practicing in this area for the past 18-19 yrs. He is very pleasant,knowledgeable and caring dedicated physician I fully and whole-heartedly recommend him to any one who has renal disease and complications that go with the disease
DR. KRISHNA IS THE BEST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER HAD! He spends as much time with me as i need and answers all my questions . He researches meds. that work for me as an individual. He told me im a mystery and a challenge and he assured me he would figure it out no matter how long it takes. He has a great staff. I appreciate Dr. Krishna and have great trust in him as a doctor. I would recommend him to everyone.
Patients' Choice Award (2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Velamakanni is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Krishnamurty S Velamakanni accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSw Nephrology & Internal Medical, 22655 Bayshore Rd Ste 110, Punta Gorda, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Krishnamurty S Velamakanni, MD - Internal Medicine in Punta Gorda, FL, in this video.
Dr. Krishnamurty S Velamakanni is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Punta Gorda, FL.