Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Krishnaswami Sriram has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
While cardiologists diagnose and treat all types of heart disease, electrophysiologists have extended education in rhythmic disorders, also known as cardiac arrhythmia or an irregular heartbeat. An electrophysiologist typically works closely with a cardiologist and together they can treat arrhythmia, help you prevent blood clots, or restore and control a normal heart rate.
They can also provide information on medications and devices — such as a pacemaker or an implantable defibrillator — used to control an abnormal heart rate. When it come to treating arrhythmias, there are both invasive and non-invasive treatment options and an electrophysiologist can help you decide which is right for you.
- Unstable Angina
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
Showing 5 of 14
I thought I had heart trouble as I had a positive stress scan. Dr Sriram ("Dr Kris" as I saw his patients call him), explained that what I had was a common false positive with younger women and there was no need for further testing as my symptoms did not appear to be heart related. Good to know that there is a doctor out there like Dr Sriram who does NOT send you off to have further testing and further testing.
Takes his time with you to explain clearly your health situation. Is conservative on testing and surgery unless he feels it is necessary in which case he will give you the pros and cons, and non surgical or angioplasty options. Employs electronic prescriptions so there are no drug errors. Uses electronic medical records and prints or emails or faxes you, your record of the visit you just had with him so you and he are on the same page. What else could a patient want?
Dr Sriram is a triple Board Certified knowledgeable doctor. He is meticulous with his examination and records and does not give paper scripts to avoid possible transcription errors. He uses his electronic records very well and showed me all the interactions between different medicines I was on, prior to seeing him. I have been to many doctors in large and small towns and I rate Dr Sriram highly. There is only one downside. Rarely, being a cardiologist, he does have emergencies and then the backup at the office begins! If you want an attention to detail doctor, this one is for you.
Dr Sriram told me that I did not a heart procedure even though he could have made money from this outpatient procedure. I have always verified his opinion with Mayo Clinic websites and found it to be true. Dr Sriram is honest! What more do you need from a doctor. FYI the wait is not 10 mins. I waited 30 mins to see him.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Krishnaswami Sriram accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsKrishnaswami Sriram Md, 611 Hunter Ln, Lake Forest, IL
Dr. Krishnaswami Sriram is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lake Forest, IL.