Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Krista J Gordon has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
I have been seeing Dr. Gordon since she got out of medical school. As a doctor, she is top notch. Her staff, on the other hand, leaves much to be desired. Twice now, the staff has referred my husband to a wellness clinic because the "doctor was too busy to see him that week." She is trying to go paperless and wants to call your prescriptions in. Well, forget that Jack. I go in for bloodwork and followup every six months because of the medications I take. Not one was called in as she indicated they would be. When you do call for the refill, it is not for the normal six months. Some have been for one month and some have been for three months. Her staff changes frequently and I do not care for any of the ones she has had in the last couple of years. In fact, I am taking a medication for an arrhythmia and I am not supposed to skip days. Lord only knows when they decide to get around to calling in the refill. Last one took four phone calls and finally went in and demanded to wait until they wrote out one by hand. Then, it was only for 30 days. Poor poor staff. They don't even pull your chart to confirm what you are supposed to be getting. Also, very upset she has decided not to perform blood tests in her office. With the way my insurance is set up, I will now pay the full shot for any lab work until I meet a $1000 deductible instead of just paying the $25 co-pay. With today's economy, that is really hurting. And, her witchy staff makes it all the more disagreeable.
Patients' Choice Award (2012, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Gordon is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1998
University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine
Dr. Krista J Gordon accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS OK BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGreat Expectations Family, 5366 NW Cache Rd Ste 6, Lawton, OK
Dr. Krista J Gordon is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Lawton, OK.