Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kristen D Manter
Dr. Kristen D Manter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Jamaica, NY. She has 15 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Manter is affiliated with NewYork-Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital. Dr. Manter has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Kristen D Manter has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Kristen D Manter has the following 13 expertise
- Women's Health
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Migraine Disorders
- Preventive Medicine
- Family Planning
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Dr. Kristen D Manter has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Kristen D Manter is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
Great Doctor. Thorough. Takes time to sincerely listen without being condescending. Highly recommend.
I have visited Dr. Manter on two occasions as my primary physician and she has been very courteous, helpful, and knowledgeable. Although the wait time at the Brooklyn Plaza Medical Center can be long, the waits have been manageable and seems to be no fault of Dr. Manter's, more due to circumstance. I always felt welcome to be completely open about my health, and concerns, and have never felt rushed in any way. I highly recommend Dr. Manter as a physician.
I really appreciate Dr. Manter's care for her patients. She follows up, remembers me personally, and seems really concerned about my health. She left a lucrative practice in Manhattan to work in a clinic in a poor area in Brooklyn because she really wanted to make a difference. That speaks volumes to me, and I have not been disappointed with her.
NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home
The patient-centered medical home is a way of organizing primary care that emphasizes care coordination and communication to transform primary care into what patients want it to be. Medical homes can lead to higher quality and lower costs, and can improve patients' and providers' experience of care.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009, 2012, 2015, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Bridges to Excellence: Physician Office Systems Recognition Program
This program is designed to recognize practices that use information systems to enhance the quality of patient care. To obtain Recognition, practices must demonstrate that they have implemented systematic office
Dr. Manter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
15 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Kristen D Manter accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
Locations & DirectionsCommunity Healthcare Network, 9704 Sutphin Blvd, Jamaica, NY
Dr. Kristen D Manter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jamaica, NY.