Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kristen K Volkman
Dr. Kristen K Volkman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Berlin, WI. She has 17 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatric Allergy & Immunology and Pediatrics. Dr. Volkman is affiliated with Children's Hospital of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Campus. Dr. Volkman has received 4 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Kristen K Volkman has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Allergy & Immunology
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
Showing 5 of 9
I was really impressed with my visit. My son had seen a previous doctor a couple of years back and we were trying to re-establish a new routine. Since this was our first time meeting with Dr. Volkman she really listened and covered everything. She answered all of my questions without ever feeling rushed. Nursing staff was great as well. I am very happy and pleased that my son has her as his doctor now.
I have seen other allergist for food allergies. My allergies were never consistent and I was having reactions from foods that I was okay with in the past so I decided to try a new doctor that my son's pediatrician recommended. She sent a lot of time going over all the reactions I had with different foods and did not believe I was really allergic to the foods and thought maybe it was acid reflux....she put me on a reflux med and I am cured. When I went back for my 6 week check she was so excited to hear the medicine helped me.
I went to another Allergist who insisted on giving me shots for over 8 years. Dr. Volkman immediately took me off the shots and reduced my medication for over a year now. Today I am much better, much happier, and have more money without all the shots and drugs. She is an honest, trustworthy, and sincere doctor.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Volkman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
17 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 2001
Dr. Kristen K Volkman accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Network Health Plan
- Network Health Plan HMO POS
- Network Health Plan Individual
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsSheila G Moore Md, 4855 S Moorland Rd, New Berlin, WI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kristen K Volkman in this video.
Dr. Kristen K Volkman is similar to the following 0 Doctors near New Berlin, WI.