Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kristi S Kern has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 22
Yay! I have finally found a great doctor for myself. Dr. Kern is very approachable, understanding and competent. I was looking for a new dr for my thyroid issue and a knee problem. She addressed both wonderfully. The nurses were great too! I actually fainted while drawing my blood and they were so kind and helpful. I can't say enough great things about dr. Kern and the office staff!
I have been a gymnast for 15 years now an all star cheerleader. She has been there for me for as long as I can remember. She understands the situations and we come up with a plan accordingly. She never has unrealistic expectations and understands the crazy things I do in my sport. I don't know what I would do without her!
I went to see dr Kern due to depression. My usual medication had stopped working for me. Dr. Kern was very knowledgable in this area! She suggested an antidepressant that would also help treat my fatigue. I felt better, but still irritable. So at next visit she suggested a combination of 2 meds that treat both. I am now doing GREAT!
I started coming to see Dr. Kern because she is one of the few female sports med docs I could find. As a runner, I was so happy to find her. She helped with a running injury first, and I liked her so much, I kept coming back to her for regular doctor stuff. When I had my son, after visiting and checking out numerous pediatricians, I decided to take him to see Dr. Kern. It's easy to get appointments, the staff is fabulous, and Dr. Kern is very pleasant. I highly recommend her.
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
21 Years Experience
University Of Chicago Division Of The Biological Sciences The Pritzker School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Kristi S Kern accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsMetro Health Cascade, 4300 Cascade Rd SE, Grand Rapids, MI
Dr. Kristi S Kern is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.