Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Huntington’s Disease Learn about Huntington’s Disease, including risk factors and causes
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lyme Disease Facts about lyme disease; where it’s found and stages of the disease
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kristi J Posey
Dr. Kristi J Posey, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX, with another office in Houston, TX. She has 28 years of experience. Her specialties include Sleep Medicine and Neurology. Dr. Posey is affiliated with Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, West Houston Medical Center and CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. Dr. Posey has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Kristi J Posey has the following 2 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Kristi J Posey has the following 13 expertise
- Migraine Disorders
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Headache Disorders
- Parkinson Disease
- Back Pain
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Sleep Apnea (Sleep Apnea Syndromes)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Seizure Disorders
Dr. Kristi J Posey has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Kristi J Posey is Board Certified in 2 specialties
Showing 5 of 22
Dr. Posey may be a great doctor but I will never know. I didn't get past the first interaction with the office manager. Audrey was belligerent and rude. There are too many good doctor's in Houston to put up with unprofessional, rude staff.
I am so SORRY! Please accept my apology! My intentions were not to be rude, beligerent and unprofessional to you! Thanks for your comment I take all comments serious and constrcutive to better myself and the practice. Perception means everything! Please again accept my APOLOGY and again THANKS for your time and comment! Audrey
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2011)
Dr. Posey is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical School At Houston
Graduated in 1990
University Of Texas Health Science Center
Dr. Kristi J Posey accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kristi J Posey is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.