Contact Lens Care
A complete overview of what you need to know about your contact lenses.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kristie K Shappell MD
Dr. Kristie K Shappell, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Decorah, IA, with other offices in La Crosse, WI and La Crosse, WI . She has 25 years of experience. Her specialties include Ophthalmology. She speaks English.
Dr. Kristie K Shappell has 3 locations
1836 South Ave
La Crosse, WI 54601
Dr. Kristie K Shappell has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Kristie K Shappell has the following 9 expertise
- Eye Pain
- Eye Exam
- Lasik Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Vision Issues
Dr. Kristie K Shappell is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
25 Years Experience
University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry
Graduated in 1994
Mary Imogene Bassett Hospital
Dr. Kristie K Shappell Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem WI Blue Priority X Indiv DirectAccess
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MN Blue Cross Accord
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
Gundersen Health Plan
- Gundersen Health Plan Select Network
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
- Wellmark Alliance Select
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kristie K Shappell is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Decorah, IA.