Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you. ttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kristin D Dehaven
Dr. Kristin D Dehaven, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Winchester, VA, with another office in Winchester, VA. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Obstetrics & Gynecology. Dr. Dehaven is affiliated with Harford Memorial Hospital. Dr. Dehaven has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Kristin D Dehaven has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
Dr. Kristin D Dehaven has the following 11 expertise
- Women's Health
- Pap Smear
- Birth Control
- Pelvic Exam
- Hot Flashes
- Menstrual Pain
- Child Birth
Dr. Kristin D Dehaven has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Kristin D Dehaven is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I woke up this morning to experience a miscarriage. I went to the ER and was sent to labor and delivery. I had he unfortunate experience to have Dr Dehaven as the attending physician. She had absolutely no compassion for me at all. My midwife was in attendance and explained my pregnancy thus far to her and while I was sitting there bleeding she tells me that there was never a baby despite my midwife explaining we heard the heartbeat on ultrasound and with the Doppler. She then says we are lying and she doesn't believe us. Beyond disgusting. I told her that we were done and that she could leave. She never even tried to find out what happened to the baby. I had passed the baby before I got there. And am still in shock about how I was treated and the callousness of this "woman". She needs to find another profession.
I have seen Dr. DeHaven for over 10 years seeking medical advice on a variety of women's health issues. She has always been professional, honest and thorough. She provides experience along with care and follows up to ensure the well being of her patients. I would recommend her to anyone seeking medical care.
Well I went to her after I moved here from out of town. She's not a mean person but as for communication they are horrible. The first incident was after my first visit I received one birth control type and then asked for the generic due to my insurance coverage. I went for my annual the next year and they prescribed the wrong birth control again. This year I went and it happened again. Also, the doctor failed to communicate they are going to charge me for an annual exam but not due a PAP. If something is changed from my regular exam than I expect you to communicate so if I have questions. The nurse receptionist never answers the phone and takes forever to get back with you. Every year I have had to follow up with them for my pap results. Also, the office is gross with stains all over the seats. It wasn't like this at first but they obviously don't clean or have anyone clean. This has led me to my decision to leave this office.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Dehaven is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
West Virginia University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Dr. Kristin D Dehaven accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Kristin D Dehaven is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Winchester, VA.