Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kristin M Flammer has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
Showing 5 of 14
I have had a condition that has left me virtually bed ridden and unable to work for a number of months. The worst part of this experience has been dealing with my GP and former Endocrinologist who dismissed my symptoms and family history and refused to entertain the possibility that my problems may be due to an under active thyroid. I made an appointment with Dr. Flammer in desperation. She took copious notes, asked questions, jconsidered my symptoms and family history together with my lab work. Finally, she explained different thyroid disorders relevant to my situation and prescribed medications to address my symptoms. The staff was friendly and professional. I arrived early for my appointment and the doctor saw me very shortly after I arrived. I am so pleased with this doctor's approach. My experience until now with my soon-to-be-former GP was that I simply could not get any information out of her. I felt like I was directing my own treatment and dragging her along behind me. It was exhausting. I highly recommend this physician.
I have been t1 diabetic for 23+ years and I am very picky about the care I receive. Dr. Flammer is one of the best. She is kind, educated, and helpful beyond your visit. She was an essential member of my healthcare team that helped me through a very scary unplanned pregnancy which began with very poorly controlled diabetes. Without her assistance, I do not believe I would have been able tp deliver my baby girl as healthy as she is 3 weeks ago.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2014, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
15 Years Experience
University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2003
Dr. Kristin M Flammer accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Of Maryland Center For Diabetes And Endocrinology, 300 Hospital Dr Ste 119, Glen Burnie, MD
Dr. Kristin M Flammer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Glen Burnie, MD.