Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Kristin M Gowin has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 21
I had a severe joint problem that my doctor could not diagnose. He sent me to Dr. Gowin. She not only immediately figured out that I had Lime Disease and cured that, she also took control of the nagging arthritis problems that I have had for years. Seeing Dr. Gowin had dramatically improved my quality of life. I am so glad that I found her. I recommend her to anyone but especially any people who are having trouble with stiffness and aching joints. She also i s a very pleasant person to deal with.
Dr. Kristin Gowin is by far, the very best doctor I have ever encountered. Her professionalism, along with her vast knowledge, provides the very best attributes one could ever hope to find in a physician. She is truly an exceptional physician that I have been lucky enough to have as my Rheumatologist for over thirteen years.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
28 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
University Of Pennsylvania Health System
Dr. Kristin M Gowin accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS North Carolina
- BCBS NC Blue Value
- BCBS NC BlueOptions
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Carelink - Carolinas HealthCare System Tier 2
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsAsheville Arthritis & Osteoporosis Center, 4 Vanderbilt Park Dr, Asheville, NC
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kristin M Gowin in this video.
Dr. Kristin M Gowin is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Asheville, NC.