Dr. Kristin J Hampshire Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Kristin J Hampshire?

She has the worst bedside manner I've ever come across. Does not listen. Not sure why she became a doctor.

Great Bedside Manner

This is based on an appointment for my 16 year old daughter. I appreciated the amount of time spent with her to discuss her needs. She also brought up subjects such as her relationship with her phone (might sound funny, but if you have a teen you can relate). I want my daughter to feel comfortable going to see a doctor and Dr. Hampshire fits the bill.

Disappointing...

I understand Sharp Rees Stealy is an HMO. I understand 15 minutes is probably the maximum amount of time alloted for a visit. After time at the ER, I was scheduled for a follow-up with Dr. Hampshire because my regular PCP was unavailable. Not less than 5 minutes into the visit, Dr. Hampshire was inching her way out of the door as soon as she walked in. I had arrived early to my appointment and I had a few issues I wanted to discuss with her relating to my ER visit, but her response to each concern was one prescription order after another. Even at that, she was not sure the prescriptions would treat the conditions, but that we should "just try it." What added insult to injury was that she told me to just try some over-the-counter antacids to relieve future abdominal pain, despite the fact that I told her I had been seen by a GI specialist in the past. My symptoms were beyond those typical of GERD, and definitely not heartburn. Maybe it's because I wasn't her patient, maybe it wasn't a good day, but if that's the case, that does not seem professional. Just...disappointing.

Perfect match for me

I have been very pleased with Dr. Hampshires service. What I look for in a physician is some one who listens and then gives me honest feed back. When she disagrees with with what I'm doing she tells me why including what risks are involved. When she agrees, she offers ways to enhance what I'm doing. She has always followed up with me if she has concerns of significance.I accept the responsibility for my own health and well being. Dr. Hampshire provides me with excellent professional support in that regard. I highly recommend her.

Horrible Bedside Manner

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. She portrays a "know all" arrogance about her and lacks concern for the overall well being of her patients. I went in for a physical which consisted of nothing more than her checking my lung functionality and a 20 minute scolding on how flawed our healthcare industry is, due to "so many patients taking advantage of the system". This was her response to my requesting blood work in preparation of trying to have a baby. I had not had a physical in over 15 years and left her office feeling horrible. This doctor is extremely hurtful to her patients and treats nothing.

Dr. Kristin J Hampshire is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Diego, CA.