Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Kristin L Harts
Dr. Kristin L Harts, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Urbandale, IA. She has 21 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Rheumatology. Dr. Harts is affiliated with Iowa Health Des Moines Luthern Hospital and Mercy Medical Center. Dr. Harts has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Kristin L Harts has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
Dr. Kristin L Harts has the following 8 expertise
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Knee Osteoarthritis
Showing 5 of 10
She is the very best Dr I have had in my lifetime. She always has time to listen even when it a concern not connected with my arthritis. She is helpful with referrals to other Dr's. Her follow-up is amazing and caring. I'm a nurse myself; so I don't like it when a Dr blows off my concerns or questions. She has never done that. As far as her nursing staff, I think they are just as great as she is!! Nurses can be the harshest critics, but no complaints on this Dr and staff.
I would prefer going to another doctor than Harts. She is nice but does not REALLY listen and is always making excuses. She focuses on what she wants to hear of your symptoms and not everything you are concerned about. She is always rushed and does not spend enough time paying attention to you. As for her nurse, Lynette......I would give almost anything if I could have another nurse. I always like it when she is gone and there is someone else. That nurse is downright rude and acts like she does not like people at all! Why is she a nurse?
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Harts is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1997
University Of Missouri Health System
Dr. Kristin L Harts accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry IA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- Wellmark Alliance Select
Locations & DirectionsMercy Arthritis And Osteoporosis Center, 8421 Plum Dr, Urbandale, IA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Kristin L Harts in this video.
Dr. Kristin L Harts is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Urbandale, IA.