Dr. Kristin Helm Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Kristin Helm?

Posted on December 10th, 2016

recommend

Couldn't be bothered.....

Posted on November 3rd, 2016

Definitely not the warm and fuzzy type. She seemed rather annoyed that I was there and didnt know what I expected from her since I was at the practice a year prior with similar symptoms ( that have been getting WORSE). I saw her colleague who was useless and for some reason thought Helm could help me. I was wrong!!! Couldn't care less about patient care or follow up. I've tried 2 doctors at this practice and they have both been dismissive, rude and offered no help or guidance for possible causes of my illness. People that work at front desk are always nice and nurses are good, it's just the doctors that are less than stellar. If you can get an appointment right away, that should tell you something about the quality of care you'll receive.

A Good Experience

Posted on September 24th, 2014

After reading the reviews of Dr. Helm, I had some reservations about my visit. I can't understand how any one could find both Dr. Helm or her staff rude and curt. I had a very positive visit and learned more in the hour she spent with me than in the 15 years I have been diabetic. She is not a fuzzy, huggy type of person but she was very caring, polite and most of all very knowledgeable and thorough. I would highly recommend Dr. Helm.

Good experience

Posted on April 8th, 2013

I had a good experience with Dr. Helm, would refer others to.

Patient

Posted on March 21st, 2013

My "follow up" rating is not accurate as I have only seen her once and it was very recent, but I don't plan on going back. She was speculative, arrogant, and basically unpleasant. She had completely different ideas of what the medical profession considers normal readings and basically thinks she walks on water. I would not recommend her to my worst enemy!

Posted on March 21st, 2013

Not surprised at bad ratings but feel better about myself after reading them. There is a good reason you can book easily with her. She has probably lost more patients than you can see on these review websites so has plenty of time on her hands. She has the most arrogant, mean-spirited, pyschologically abusive manner I have ever encountered in a physician. My husband went with me in the exam room. He didn't tell me until I complained days after visit that he thought she was, er, a (word I won't use here). Her nurse was the same on the phone when I called, at her associate doctor's recommendation, to discuss questions regarding a nodule found on my thyroid. Because I asked about possible causes of the nodule, Helm accused me of 'searching the internet'. I didn't. I already knew which conditions can be associated with thyroid nodules. Her tone was so nasty, raising her voice to me in a searing tone, it was surreal. She did not listen, just barked at me and it is unacceptable. As did her nurse. She may be competent, even good, regarding physiobiology but she appears to have a 'God' complex and is a bully, period. After experiencing the humiliating manner in which her nurse, and she, treated me today I switched doctors. If you can stomach her, good for you. Personally, after 2 interactions, and verification from my husband that she was out of line, that I wasn't being over-sensitive, I am done with her.

pitbull

Posted on June 25th, 2012

So much better than my last doctor....

Posted on May 10th, 2012

I learned more from Dr. Helm in my first visit than I learned from my doctor of 9 years. I've read the other reviews and find I had a much more positive experience than some of those who wrote the reviews. I've only had two visits to date but presume it will continue to be a positive experience. The other members of the staff were pleasant-that makes a big difference to me when selecting a doctor.

Disapointing

Posted on January 11th, 2012

She was very professional, cool, calm and collective. Very smart and completely 100 percent against natural alternatives to Synthetic treatment i.e. T4 only is the only way to go. Any deviation from her way of thinking is met with a cast iron door of sharp answers and statements. Since finding a good Dr that treats with N.D.T. that has T4, T3, T2, T1 hormones in it I have gone from needing Depression meds, pain meds, and 16 other such Scripts to needing some vitamins and Natural Dessicated Thyroid ..Thank you for pushing me to search for a better Dr.

Posted on October 11th, 2011

Very direct and effective. She was clear on my thyroid problem and offered me treatment options and helped me right away. She told me what to expect and was right on. Office wait time is short too which is great for working people. Highly recommend her for treatment of thyroid problems.

The Best Doctor Ever

Posted on April 27th, 2011

Dr. Helm is the kindest and most professional physician I have ever had. She took the time and explained to me in detail about my diabetes. She is very intelligent and thorough. I highly recommend her. My diabetes is under much better control.

Posted on November 15th, 2010

Dr Helm, bright she maybe. However, her bed side manner...she doesn't have one. I saw her twice and that was enough for me.